The Vermont Commission on Women (VCW) is pleased to announce a comprehensive statewide tour to engage with Vermont residents in person through a series of public forums, and with a virtual option. This initiative is aimed at fostering an open dialogue and collaborating with Vermont residents to address key issues and gather valuable feedback.
The tour will visit communities in Newport, Bennington, Brattleboro, and St. Albans, with a diverse range of locations chosen to ensure accessibility for all residents. The public forums will provide a platform for open discussion on various topics, including and not limited to healthcare, housing, education, and economic development. VCW invites residents, local organizations, and stakeholders to participate in these informative and interactive forums. This is an opportunity for Vermonters to voice their concerns, share their perspectives, and actively contribute to the decision-making process within the state. VCW looks forward to engaging with Vermont residents, and ensures all feedback collected during these public forums will help shape the Commission’s direction moving forward.
The statewide tour schedule is as follows:
- Newport on November 17, 2023, 12-1pm, at North Country Career Center, #380, 209 Veterans Ave.
- On December 15, 2023, 12-1pm, the public forum will be held entirely online.
- Bennington on April 19, 2024, 12-1pm, at Vermont Department of Health, Community Room, 324 Main Street.
- Brattleboro on May 17, 2024, 12-1pm, at the Brooks Memorial Library, Community Room, 224 Main Street.
- St. Albans on June 21, 2024, 12-1pm, exact location to be determined.
The full schedule and detailed information can be found on VCW’s official website, https://women.vermont.gov. Participation is open to everyone, and registration is not required. However, residents are encouraged to reach out by email, VCW.firstname.lastname@example.org, to RSVP. VCW is committed to making these forums as accessible as possible. Snacks and drinks will be provided. For individuals who cannot attend in person, the public forums will be virtual. Meeting links will be available on VCW's website and all social media platforms.