Family Division of VT Superior Court & Office of Child Support

Got questions about your legal rights? The Vermont Commission on Women's handbook, The Legal Rights of Women in Vermont might provide answers. Chapters include: Adoption, Guardianship and Emancipated Minors; Consumer Protection and Fair Credit; Domestic Relations; Education; Employment Rights; Housing and Property Rights; Immigration; Insurance; Name Changes; Public Accommodations; Public Assistance and Government Benefits; Reproductive Rights; Violence Against Women and Children; and Wills, Probate Court, and Advanced Directives.

Vermont Office of Child Support

Help Line: 800-786-3214

TTY 800-253-0191

Child Support in Vermont: A Handbook for Parents. Vermont’s Office of Child Support produced this informative handbook covering most aspects of child and medical support in Vermont. It includes chapters on establishing parentage, establishing support, modifying support, paying support, enforcing support orders, and getting support while receiving public assistance.

Provides free assistance to those paying and receiving child support. The office keeps track of child support payments, can help with getting a child support order, collects overdue payments, locates absent parents, helps change child support amounts, can help determine paternity, and offers help to child support payers. There are 6 regional offices:

Central – Covering Essex, Orange and Washington Counties
219 North Main Street, Suite 401
Barre, VT 05641-4125
(802) 479-4204

North Region - Covering Franklin and Grand Isle Counties
27 Federal Street, Suite 400
St. Albans, VT 05478
(802)- 527-5006

Northeast – Covering Caledonia, Lamoille and Orleans Counties
1153 Main Street, Suite 2
St. Johnsbury, VT 05819
(802) 751-2650

Northwest – Covering Chittenden County
32 Cherry Street, Suite 310
Burlington, VT 05401
(802) 863-7444

Southeast – Covering Windham and Windsor Counties
100 Mineral Street, Suite 202
Springfield, VT 05156
(802) 536-1880

Southwest – Covering Addison, Bennington and Rutland Counties
420 Asa Bloomer State Office Building, 4th Floor, 88 Merchants Row
Rutland VT 05701
(802) 786-3214

Family Division of Vermont Superior Court

24-hour Emergency Relief from Abuse Orders: 1-800-540-9990

There is a family division court in each county in Vermont. The court where your child support order originated is the court with jurisdiction in your case. Find forms and information about the family court process at the following website. Many forms are available in an Access to Justice interview, which asks the litigant a series of questions and then takes the answers and plugs them into the right place on the correct form.

Addison Family Division
7 Mahady Court
Middlebury, VT 05753
(802) 388-7741

Bennington Family Division
200 Veterans Memorial Drive
Bennington, VT 05201
(802) 447-2729

Caledonia Family Division
1126 Main Street, Suite 1
St. Johnsbury, VT 05819
(802) 748-6600

Chittenden Family Division
32 Cherry St. Suite 200
Burlington, VT 05401
(802) 651-1709

Essex Family Division
75 Courthouse Drive, P.O. Box 75
Guildhall, VT 05905
(802) 676-3910

Franklin Family Division
36 Lake Street
St. Albans, VT 05478
(802) 524-7997

Grand Isle Family Division
P.O. Box 7
North Hero, VT 05474
(802) 372-8350

Lamoille Family Division
154 Main Street, P.O. Box 570
Hyde Park, VT 05655
(802) 888-3887

Orange Family Division
5 Court Street
Chelsea, VT 05038
(802) 685-4610

Orleans Family Division
247 Main Street, Suite 1
Newport, VT 05855
(802) 334-3305

Rutland Family Division
9 Merchants Row
Rutland, VT 05701
(802) 786-5856

Washington Family Division
255 North Main Street, Suite 1
Barre, VT 05641
(802) 479-4205

Windham Family Division
30 Putney Road, Second Floor
Brattleboro, VT 05301
(802) 257-2800

Windsor Family Division
82 Railroad Row
White River Junction, VT 05001
(802) 295-8865


Family Services Division of the Vermont Department for Children and Families

280 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-1030
(802) 241-2131

Services include child abuse and neglect intake, child abuse and neglect investigation and assessment, ongoing services to families at risk, care and treatment of children in state custody, permanency planning for children in state custody, probation and other restorative justice services for delinquent youth, post-adoption supports and subsidy for children adopted through foster care, transition services for youth, and the Woodside Juvenile Rehabilitation Center.


Vermont Guardian ad Litem Program

109 State Street
Montpelier, Vermont 05609-0801
(802) 828-3278

The mission of the Guardian ad Litem Program is to ensure that every child involved in a Vermont Court case has a well-trained, impartial, and supervised volunteer Guardian ad Litem in both juvenile (in cases of children in need of care and supervision and in cases of delinquency) and in domestic proceedings (in cases of divorce, parentage, relief from abuse and civil union dissolution, and in cases of vulnerable adults).


Vermont Parent Representation Center, Inc.

P.O. Box 4087
Burlington, Vermont 05406-4087
(802) 540-0200

An interdisciplinary team of an attorney, a social worker, and a peer navigator (a parent who has direct experience with child protective and foster care systems) represents parents at risk of experiencing the removal of their children into state custody and foster care or kin-care. A Community Action Team (CAT) works with the custodial parent to address issues that threaten the children's safety to prevent a petition from being filed in court (Family and Probate).

VPRC is a not-for-profit public interest law and policy organization. VPRC’s goals include:
To reduce the number of children removed from their families into state and other out-of-home custody; to shorten the length of stay in state and other out-of-home custody for children who have been removed, and to reduce the number of children re-entering state and other out-of-home custody after being reunified with their families.



Supervised Visitation Network

3955 Riverside Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32204
(904) 419-7861

SVN is a multi-national non-profit membership organization that is literally a network of agencies and individuals who are interested in assuring that children can have safe, conflict-free access to parents with whom they do not reside. Some of the children who need these services live in foster homes or with relatives. Some live with one parent who is estranged from the other.


IRS Child Support Hotline

(800) 304-3107

For questions concerning tax-refund intercepts for past-due child support.